Ethan @ 20 months

Ethan @ 20 months
Ethan @ 20 months

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Roadtrip songs-Then and later then

Later then- My family took many road trips growing up, mainly for summer vacations. Common songs/artists my baby boom parents made my brother and I listen to was John Denver, Paul Simon/Simon and Garfunkel, American Pie-Don Mclean, and Patsy Cline.  This was before DVD players were installed in every car.  My brother and I each had our Walkman or CD player (depending on the decade) to block out whichever artist was softly going through through the car speakers.  Then of course there was the argument between us of who was listening to their portable player so loudly that the other couldn't hear their music. If you have siblings...you know how it goes.

Then-We took many road trips in college to just get away or we had a mission of some sort, whichever reason took priority over writing papers or studying or just because. We listened to Dave Matthews Band (a lot), Bob Marley, and a bunch of other bands and artists that aren't coming to memory at the moment or maybe ever.

Now-My childhood and young adult road trips are coming together. Dave Matthews and other artists are paying tribute to John Denver and I'll make sure our kids hear the album on our summer road trips.

Click here to see the article published on NPR.

No comments:

Post a Comment