Ethan @ 20 months

Ethan @ 20 months
Ethan @ 20 months

Sunday, April 14, 2013

2 under 2

This post is sort of scatterbrained...well, so am I so they go well together.

We are going to have 2 children under the age of 2.

Oh my.

It's been done before. In fact our neighbors have 3 under the age of 4, see... it's possible...right? RIGHT?!

Wait, that's just crazy talk.

It wasn't our plan but it for sure as hell was God's. Well, when he surprises us like that I can use language like that.

The due date is August 24th. Super preggers in the dead of summer. I hear it's awesome. ;)

For the first few months we were both in shock and didn't know what to think or do.

Sometimes I would forget I was even pregnant...until I would sneeze again, and again, and again. While pregnant with Ethan I had pregnancy rhinitis. I sneezed the entire pregnancy. It's back. I suppose that I'd rather sneeze all day then vomit all day but ask any woman that has been pregnant, sneezing and pregnancy do NOT go well together. I can't keep track of the number of times I sneeze on a daily basis because I loose track after 12. That leads me into annoying pregnancy symptom #2; pregnancy brain. Oh boy is it bad this time around. I once turned off my radio instead of my car, went into a restaurant for an hour, came back and the car was still running. That's what that weird beeping sound was when I shut the door, the car was looking for the keys...which were in my pocket...in the restaurant.

I've talked to a few moms that have or have had 2 children under the age of 2 and the consensus is..."it's crazy for the first few years but it's great after that" OR "it's just like having twins."

What's "the first few years?" 2 years? 4 years? 18 years? Then there's college. Oh my, 2 college tuitions at the same time.

Ethan and baby #2 are going to be less then 18 months apart.

As time passes on I get more excited that they will be so close in age. I know they will play together and be good friends but I fully expected the bickering and fighting that most siblings do.

Today, I am 21 weeks along (4/14/2013)- I am getting bigger by the day, or so it feels like it. As my mom suggested yesterday, I'm starting to waddle.

Weight gain is a big concern of mine this time. The doctor hasn't said anything but there is no way I can gain 44 lbs again like I did when carrying Ethan. My goal is 20 lbs and so far I am on my way to reach that goal. This time around I've noticed how different body figures carry differently.

But the temptations of ice cream and most of all...tater tots. Every other night I have tater tots. Every. Other. Night. Unfortunately I am also starting to have heart burn every other night. Not heartburn!!!

Time- it's flying by. I believe it's because I have a toddler to chase and take care of and there is no such things as daily naps this time around. Sleep...oh precious sleep. That's a tough one also because Ethan is either teething, has hand foot and mouth disease, has thrush, figured out how to run in his crib, throw his binkies out of his crib, etc...so he isn't sleeping through the night...well, neither am I. And I only have a few months left until I'm up every 2-3 hours feeding again. Ethan tends to sleep really well when there is nothing going on but that doesn't seem to last too long until a tooth comes through or a bad cold.

When do us mothers of young children get to sleep again? There IS hope, right?

But nothing in this world, NOTHING, beats having those little hands and arms hug you, those lips to kiss, and those precious eyes show you the window to their little hearts to fall in love with from the moment they are placed in your arms.

We are all so very blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment