Ethan @ 20 months

Ethan @ 20 months
Ethan @ 20 months

Monday, November 28, 2011

The Ups & Downs of Being 7 Months Pregnant

I have much more of a belly today then I did yesterday.  I'm waddling.  I can't squeeze through small spaces and don't realize it until I try.  I can eat 17 meals a day and never feel full.  I could fall asleep at the drop of a hat and easily nap for 3 hours.  Every boy name I hear I wonder if it's a name we could name our son.  Then I think how difficult it is to choose boy names compared to girl names.  Sometimes we share the name with others and most of them don't like it but most don't have a better name to offer.  I look forward to maternity leave not only to welcome our son but to have 3 paid months off of work to spend time with our newborn.  The sudden obvious shift of my belly from the little jalapeno switching positions is always surprising and always makes me smile.  Being able to feel him punch or kick me, even if it is on the ribs.  I have never loved yoga more.  And french fries.  People treat pregnant women much kinder then non-pregnant women.  There is no guilt for not cleaning the house.  I can't wait to have raw fish and a glass of Chardonnay again.  I can't wait to sleep on my back again.  My boobs are bigger then the Rockies but so is my ass.  Jason finally got to feel "Lorenzo" kick.  I can't wait to stop sneezing daily and stop tinkling every time I sneeze when I don't cross my legs.  I am starting to fear delivery and pray that nothing will happen at work or while in traffic.  I am very pleased to have had such a great pregnancy so far.  The body pillow that so many pregnant women recommend is 6 feet long and does not work well for someone who is 5 feet tall.  I eat things I wouldn't normally and I'm sure I'll regret it once I try and lose the baby weight.  I am grateful for not having any complications and that we are both healthy.  No swelling, yet.  I look forward to reading the weekly developments that the little guy is going through.  The baby is starting to get heavy.   I am thankful that family and friends are excited for us.  And excited to babysit.  I am grateful for my husband and his kindness.

Best of all, less then 90 days until our little guy will be here and we finally get to meet him.  :)

And please pass the goddamn cookies.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sara I can relate to this blog more than you will know. I assure you being scared about delivery will quickly change to being anxious.. maybe better or worse, who knows! I remember 3 months ago wondering how the hell am i going to do this a now looking down the barrel of 2 weeks and counting I can't WAIT to get him out of his ever shrinking quarters! Miss you and Abby so much but love being able to stay in touch through FB! It is so funny that you call your little guy jalapeno, that is what we called Johnny before we knew if he was a boy or a girl! Good luck and take it easy! Jessica White-Pride ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jessica! I can't wait to see pictures of your little one, what an exciting time this all is! I miss you too!!! We should get together next summer so all of our kids can meet. I think I got the jalapeno from you because we haven't decided on a name yet. Thanks again and good luck to you too!

    ReplyDelete